The Chapel of Luis de Lucena (named after its founder pattern), is the only remaining standing of the early church of San Miguel, torn down in the last third of the nineteenth century. It can be considered a Moorish building, although the date of its construction is fully Renaissance (mid S. XVI). In 1914 he was declared a National Monument.
It has now been our intention to restore the remains of those magnificent Gothic-Mudejar plasterwork, and can be referred to in the Chapel of Luis de Lucena, so close in time and place to the chapel of the Orozco.
This project has been intended to carry out the complete restoration of the chapel and the elements it contains, as well as their suitability for it to be reopened to visitors after more than a decade in which the doors have been closed .
In the chapel there was a widespread problem of moisture from various sources that seriously affected, on the one hand, the strength and stability of the brickworks itself and on the other, had a significant impact on one of the main elements of the monument: its XVI century wall paintings.