The Municipal Laboratory was designed in 1901, and directed its construction between 1,901 and 1,902 by the architect of the Municipal Technical Services, JosÃ© Urioste and evening. The original project consisted of only two floors, floor and principal. In 1,930 he was added a second floor.
The uniqueness of the building demanded rehabilitation, even adapting to their new uses, respected in their entirety, so that all works are executed according to a traditional construction system. In addition, it was a complete rehabilitation, a set-up for other very different needs than was conceived, but at the same time should recover, to the extent possible, its original appearance.
The culmination of this plan has involved the renovation of the Old Municipal Laboratory, now a spacious and modern office building. Works that have ranged from the demolition of flooring, brick factories, false ceilings and the structure of the existing staircase in crackled Street Bailen, until the reform and consolidation of the structure with the inclusion of metal sheets and rolled steel, forged strengthening and rebuilding the core of the original staircase with a semicircular path.
Special importance has covered the works carried out on the facade of the building, especially for the pediment of Bailen Street, with the repair of the columns in window jambs and reconstruction of the ornamental motifs in the key of the arches and valances and ornaments.